Repairing frozen pipes is vital, especially when it gets cold outside. This is because frozen pipes present significant problems for your home in Glen Burnie, MD. They are inoperable and may burst and bring more trouble with the bursting. This article details how to repair frozen pipes in your house.
Remember that frozen pipes might block up and cause further problems in the piping system. So, preventing frozen pipes is just as crucial as repairing frozen ones. The following tips include:
- Open up cabinet doors around sinks and storage areas.
- Ambient heat from a room will be able to reach the pipes. So, uninsulated pipes particularly need this method.
- Allow hot and cold water to trickle overnight. However, do not run your water into a drain exposed to the extreme cold. As a result, your efforts will come to nothing if they freeze.
- Insulation is vital, so insulate anywhere that doesn’t already have insulation. In addition, exposed areas could be crawlspaces, walls, or garages.
- Turn on the building heat and set it to no more than 55 degrees.
Remedies for Frozen Pipes
If your Glen Burnie home does have frozen pipes, know that all is not lost. Please complete the following steps to help remedy the situation:
- Ensure the pipes running into the building are balanced, and turn off the water main. Reducing the pressure will also minimize flooding if the pipes do burst.
- Using a hair dryer to thaw ice blockages might seem unusual, but it works. Only do this if the frozen pipes are easily visible and accessible. Avoid using an open flame of any kind on the frozen pipes!
- Overall, it’s time to call the North Arundel Contracting professionals at Glen Burnie, Maryland, if the frozen pipes are not easily visible or accessible. If you know ahead of time that your pipes could freeze, have professional services on standby! By doing this, you can avoid any potential damage altogether. Call us today at 410-766-2855!
Ultimately, winter brings lots of work and possible hardship for some homeowners, but nothing triggers quite as much stress as pipes. Follow these tips to prevent frozen pipes that could cause significant problems this winter, and you should be good to go!
QUESTIONS? NORTH ARUNDEL CONTRACTING IS HERE TO HELP!
If you have more questions about our services for your home or commercial facility, North Arundel Contracting is here to help you out. Our trained professionals can teach you everything there is to know about emergency and general contracting services. Call us any time at 410-766-2855 or reach us by fax at 410-553-2367. Feel free to send us an email at [email protected]. For after-hours emergencies, call us at 410-541-0328. For tips, tricks, and to see what we have been up to, be sure to follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.