Skip Navigation

Mold Remediation in Beverly Beach, MD

Mold Remediation in Beverly Beach, MD

If you find mold in your Beverly Beach house, you’re not alone. Thankfully, North Arundel Contracting can help.

If you think your home may have a mold growth issue, you’re not alone. Most homes will grow mold at some point or another. Mold is a common, although still dangerous, issue that many homes and buildings can face no matter their age. When left untreated, mold and mildew can quickly grow and spread, resulting in a variety of issues, including damage to structures and any organic materials, as well as a threat to the health of humans and animals within the property. With that in mind, today, we’ll walk you through some of the steps to take if you notice a mold issue.  


Eliminate Water Sources 

There are a few things that mold and mildew need to grow, water, and organic matter. When you have a moist environment, mold can begin to grow with only the thinnest layer of dust as its food. Water is the most vital aspect in the growth of mold; if you ensure that any leaks, vapor buildups, or damp areas are kept dry, it can help reduce the threat of mold substantially. If you notice mold growth, one of the first steps you can take is to remove the moisture. Start by adding a dehumidifier to the room with the mold issue. In most cases, a fan is not a practical choice, as mold spread through airborne spores, and fans will only help it spread faster. If there is a pipe leak or a roof leak, you should address the cause or at least patch any holes and turn off water supplies while waiting for a fix. 

Removing Mold 

If the mold has grown on a non-porous material like glass or concrete, you will be able to remove it quite easily with a few steps. That said, with an issue as potentially dangerous as mold, it’s often best to leave it to the professionals. Unless all of it is completely killed and removed, it will continue to grow, which makes it very important that you are sure that everything is cleaned properly. With that warning out of the way, removing mold from non-porous surfaces is simple, even if it requires diligence. Once the area has been dried out, you can begin to remove it. When removing mold, always be sure to wear protective garments, including a high-efficiency face mask, goggles, gloves, as well as long sleeves and pants. Using a HEPA vacuum or a damp cloth, remove as much of the mold residue as possible. Next, you will need to thoroughly scrub the area with hot water, non-ammonia cleaner, and a stiff brush. All excess water must be removed. A final rinse will be needed before you can use a disinfecting solution of bleach and water to kill any remaining mold particles.   


Feel free to get in touch with us at our contact page. Reach us by telephone at 410-766-2855, or by fax at 410-553-2367. Our email is [email protected]. For after hours emergencies ONLY, reach us by pager at 410-541-0328. Be our friend on social media! Pin us on Pinterest. Here is our Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Lastly, find us on LinkedIn.

This entry was posted on Friday, November 8th, 2019 at 1:59 pm. Both comments and pings are currently closed.